This paper highlights a selection of lessons and recommendations from our work with the mining industry.
It is organised around five key lessons for business integrity:
- Corruption risk management is central to business integrity
- To embed integrity in the company, make it everybody’s business
- Business integrity extends to engagement with communities and Indigenous peoples
- Corporate influence over political activities raises alarm bells for integrity
- Greater transparency helps demonstrate business integrity
These insights come from Transparency International’s engagement with small, medium and large mining companies and our work with our global partners, including the World Economic Forum, the International Council on Mining and Metals (ICMM) and the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI).
By sharing these insights, we hope to promote higher anti-corruption standards and responsible business practices in the mining sector.